When you select your guitar as My Instrument, you can use the tuner in Magic GarageBand to check your tuning and help tune your guitar.
To tune your guitar in Magic GarageBand:
- Make sure that the input for your guitar is selected as My Instrument, and that My Instrument is highlighted on the stage.
- Click the Tuner button next to the My Instrument pop-up menu.
The tuner appears below the stage.
- Play an open string on your guitar and watch the tuner. Be sure not to play more than one note at a time.
The note name appears in the center of the tuner. If the note is out of tune, the note name appears red, and bars appear on either side to indicate whether the note is flat (left) or sharp (right).
- Turn the tuning peg on your guitar, continuing to watch the tuner.
When the note is in tune, the note name appears blue.
- When you are finished, click the Tuner button again to close the tuner.