You can record your own instrument in Magic GarageBand. After you choose the instrument to use as My Instrument, you can record your part, and even record multiple takes.
To record your instrument in Magic GarageBand:
- Choose the correct input source for your instrument from the My Instrument pop-up menu, using these guidelines:
- If you are playing a USB keyboard, choose Keyboard.
- If you are playing an acoustic guitar through your computer’s built-in microphone, choose Internal Mic.
- If you are playing a guitar connected to your computer’s audio input port, or using a microphone connected to the audio input port, choose Built-in Input.
- If you are using an audio interface, choose the numbered channel of the audio interface.
- If you are recording using a microphone, and listening to your project through your computer speakers, choose Monitor Off. To hear yourself as you play and protect against feedback, choose Monitor On.
- Click the red Record button, located in the control bar next to the Play button.
After a one-measure count-in, recording starts. Recording starts from the beginning of the song or from the selected section. A narrow track appears below the sections, showing the waveform of the new recording.
- When you are finished recording, click the Play button.
When you open the song in GarageBand, your recordings appear in the My Instrument track in the timeline.