Each Magic GarageBand song includes a part named “My Instrument” at the center of the stage. You can use My Instrument to play and record a microphone, an electric guitar, or a music keyboard.
To play your instrument in Magic GarageBand:
- Click the highlighted area at the center of the stage to select My Instrument.
- Choose the input source for your instrument from the My Instrument pop-up menu below the left side of the stage, using these guidelines:
- If you are playing a USB keyboard, choose Keyboard.
- If you are playing an acoustic guitar through your computer’s built-in microphone, choose Internal Mic.
- If you are playing a guitar connected to your computer’s audio input port, or using a microphone connected to the audio input port, choose Built-in Input.
- If you are using a microphone or instrument connected to an audio interface, choose the numbered channel of the audio interface.
- If you are recording using a microphone, and listening to your project through your computer speakers, choose Monitor Off. To hear yourself as you play and protect against feedback, choose Monitor On.
- Choose the instrument you want to play from the row below the stage.
To select an instrument not shown, click Customize, choose the instrument type from the pop-up menu, click the instrument you want, then click Done.
- Play your instrument.
You can play My Instrument either with the project stopped or playing. You can also record your own part in a Magic GarageBand song using My Instrument.