Follow these steps to record audio in GarageBand using a Griffin iMic.
- Connect the iMic to one of your computer’s USB ports.
- Connect the device you want to record from to the iMic’s input jack (the one with the microphone symbol).
- Move the iMic’s selector switch toward the input jack.
- Open the Audio MIDI Setup utility. (It’s inside the Utilities folder, which is inside the Applications folder.)
- From the Properties For pop-up menu, choose iMic USB audio adapter.
- Set the Format to 44100.0Hz, 2ch-16bit.
- Open GarageBand.
- From the GarageBand menu, choose Preferences.
- Click the Audio/Midi button.
- From the Audio Input pop-up menu, choose iMic USB audio adapter.
- Close the Preferences window.
- From the Track menu, choose New Track.
- Click the Real Instrument tab.
- Select an instrument or click Basic Track and select No Effects.
- Set the Format to Stereo.
- If you want to hear the audio source through the computer’s speakers, set the Monitor to On.
- Click OK.
GarageBand is now set to record from the iMic.